How Long Do Tires Last On Average?
When it comes to driving our cars, we need a lot of components to work together to have it drive properly. We need a functioning engine, steering wheel, battery, brakes, and tires. You might occasionally need engine services if your car isn’t running properly, but for the most part, tires are a common reason why your car might not be driving properly. Our car’s tires are important because it moves the car forward by providing traction for the surface of the road. Because they play a big part in how a car drives, its important to know when to change out your tires. Many people ask how long tires should last, and they typically last three to four years. This is when the tread on the tire will start to wear, so its important to get your tires changed around that time. While the age of the tire is important for changing a tire, there are other times when tires should be changed. Tire change recommendations include you are driving and the car is vibrating badly, if the tread is 1/16 of an inch, you can see the tread wear indicator bars, cracks are appearing in the sidewall, and there are tears or blisters in the tire. If you are uncomfortable changing a tire, then you can always call tire change roadside assistance for help. They can give you advice on tire change and storage.
Tire Change Safety Tips
If you are changing a tire, it is important that you know some of the safety tips. Changing a tire can be very dangerous, especially if it’s on the highway, so knowing how to keep yourself safe in this situation is vital. Here are some safety tips to follow when changing a tire.
- Get Off the Road: Many people that need to change a tire usually only pull off to the shoulder of the road. This can prove to be dangerous as there is very little room between you and the other cars. If your car can make it, try pulling off into a safer area like rest stop or gas station to change your tire.
- Make Yourself Seen: In order to protect yourself while you are changing your tire, it is essential that you make yourself visible. You can turn on your car’s hazards, road cones, or even use road flares to make other people aware of your presence.
- Make Sure the Ground is Flat: You don’t want to jack the car up when it’s on an incline or else the jack will slip from underneath the car. Changing a tire on flat ground will ensure that it’s done correctly.
- Use Your Parking Brake: To make sure that your car is secure and that it won’t roll away while you are under the car, it is a good idea to pull the car’s parking brake.
- Find the Nearest Service Station: Once the tire has been changed, you will want to drive your car to the nearest service station to get a real tire for your car. Or you can go to a gas station and call someone to tow your car to a service station if you are really far away.
Is it OK to Replace Only One Tire?
If you have a tire that has been punctured and damaged in the same way and needs to replace, you might wonder if it’s okay to replace the one tire. When considering if replacing one tire is okay, it’s important to consider the tread depth, tire size, speed rating, and load index. In regards to the tread depth, tire size, and speed rating, these things will have to match your existing tires. When it comes to the load index, whatever tire you end up getting will need to be able to hold the weight of the car. If your new tire doesn’t meet any of the four qualifications, you will need to buy at least two tires.
Is it Bad to Have Different Brands of Tires On Car?
Knowing whether to go with different brand tires then the tires you have now is within the same vein of whether you should replace just one tire. If you are thinking about buying two tires from a different brand then you have now, those tires have to be the same size, have the same amount of tread, as well as meet the speed rating and load index. When your tires don’t match up, it can cause problems for the car. However, sometimes it is unavoidable and you will have to buy tires that are a different brand than your current tires–in that case, they will need to have the same tread patterns.
Tire Change and Tire Rotation
How Much Does it Cost to Change a Tire?
The cost of replacing your tires is going to depend on how many tires need to be replaced, the brand of tires you have, as well as the type of car that you own. Changing a tire or tires can range from $200 to $600 depending on all of those variables. If you need help changing a tire in Festus, MO, you can call on the professionals at Pippin Towing & Recovery. We can offer tire change service that is affordable and will get you back on the road in no time. Give us a call at (636) 937-0797 and we will change your tire quickly!