Dealing With a Dead Battery
There is possibly no worse feeling than attempting to start your car and finding it is not turning over. You may hear a clicking sound, but the vehicle is not coming to life. Unfortunately, few people actually know how to charge a car battery, but that’s okay because you have Pippin Towing & Recovery to rely on. We are a dependable, trusted, and well-rated towing and recovery company in the area. We specialize in helping clients move and relocate their cars as needed, but we can also help with battery issues. Whether you need a car battery charger for your Festus, MO vehicle or you just need to get it somewhere for a replacement, we can help. Connect with our team today by dialing __PHONE__ for 24-hour services.
Signs You Have a Bad Battery
How do I know if my car battery is bad? There are a number of indications that your battery might be giving out. Even more than that, there are a number of signs a car battery charger may be needed. When that’s the case, you can rely on Pippin Towing & Recovery. Not only can we tow your car or even provide an unlocking service, we can help with battery issues as well.
- Dim Headlights: Your headlights are necessary for safe and responsible driving at night. If you are noticing that you are struggling to see while driving, it may be because the lights are not getting enough power from the battery.
- Clicking Sounds: The most obvious sign your battery is dead or dying is the ticking sound. We’ve possibly all heard it, that clicking, ticking sound when you try to turn the key. When that happens, you likely have a dead battery.
- Slow Crank: The slow cranking engine is a common sign of a dying battery. This sound you hear will need to be addressed as soon as possible. If needed, you can rely on a towing company to get your car where it needs to be.
- Backfiring: Yes, a car that is backfiring could be the result of a dying battery. Before completely replacing it, check the carburetor and black box. If they appear fine, meaning no damage or significant wear and tear, then you can invest in a battery replacement.
- Pressing the Gas: It is not normal to need to press the gas in order to make your car start. Your battery is likely dying or close to dying if you find that you are needing to push on the gas to give some extra energy to your battery in order to start your car.
- Overnight De-charge: When your car won’t start after sitting overnight, your battery is likely dead or dying. It could potentially be a wiring issue, but either way, it is an issue that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
How much does a car battery charger cost? How much does the service cost if you contact a towing and recovery company? It’s hard to say because everyone is different. At Pippin Towing & Recovery, we offer competitive and reasonable prices for the services you will need. Though it will likely be cheaper than something like carpet cleaning in Hazelwood, MO, we can’t give you a specific answer until we know what is needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to recharge a car battery?
- It will depend on the car service or device that you invest in. That in mind, there is a range of about $30 to $100 for most battery charging services. So it really will depend on who you go with.
- Can a completely dead battery be recharged?
- Yes, a “dead” battery can be recharged. Car batteries are able to be recharged, in general, but it’s important to note when and how often you are recharging them. If you are attempting to recharge a battery that has less than 12V, it will come back, but you’ll need to consider immediate replacement.
- How do I know when my car needs a new battery?
- If you are noticing that your engine is becoming increasingly slow to start, the check engine light is on, there are bad smells, or you are having electrical issues, you may have battery issues.
- How can I check my car battery?
- If you are good with engine tools, you can use a multimeter to read the voltage of your battery. If you are not good, you may want to rely on a mechanic or a technician that can help to check the condition of your car battery.
Call Us for Immediate Service Today
When you need reliable car-related services, there is no other name to trust. Pippin Towing & Recovery that can help with towing, recovery, and car battery charging services. We know how to charge a car battery so it can get you home or to a mechanics shop for service. If we can’t do that, we’ll certainly help you get your car there. It is our goal to provide reliable services when you need them most. Call us at __PHONE__ for round the clock car battery charger in Festus, MO.