Nobody wants to have to deal with a broken down car. Should it happen, it’s good to know that there’s plenty of towing options to choose from! From 4×4 to motorhome and semi truck towing, there is a tow truck service available for just about anything! One of the most versatile towing services is the flatbed tow truck.
This is a car with a long flat bed that tows the car atop it instead of dragging it behind like regular tow trucks. This is beneficial for completely totaled cars or cars with flat tires that cannot be dragged. Functioning tires are needed with regular tow trucks in order to be dragged behind. Should you ever get a flat tire and don’t have a spare, you can call Pippin Towing & Recovery at (636) 937-0797 for flatbed towing in Festus, MO! We can take your car to the nearest auto shop for Keystone Tire replacement.
Should You Use a Flatbed Tow Truck?
- If you are traveling long distance, use a flatbed truck so your tires aren’t completely shredded.
- Totaled cars can’t be towed by regular dolly towing trucks, so they are placed in the flatbed tow truck.
- Vintage cars are a source of pride and joy to car owners. If you are bringing it to a car show, using a flatbed tow truck can save your car from any damages and keep it covered.
- Any shape and type of car be towed in a flatbed truck. From SUVs to compact cars and motorcycles, no other tow truck can tow as many car options.
- Going over a bumpy road with a dolly tow truck can inflict more damage on a car. That won’t happen with a flatbed tow truck.